The plastic version of bulk boxes are almost always collapsible, but there are rigid solid plastic tubs available as well. These plastic bulk boxes are often referred to as “Pallet Containers“, Plastic Tubs, and Bulk Containers. These collapsible plastic bulk boxes are made from a rigid structrual foam material that is extremely strong and durable. Plastic bulk boxes boxes are suitable for many manufacturing applications, such as part storage and part transport, bulk materials storage, and even trash collection. The weight capacity on plastic storage bins varies, but generally, the capacity ranges from 1,000 lbs to 2,500 lbs.
Collapsible bulk boxes also have several size options and feature options. The sizes can be any of the following footprints:
- 30″x32″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 18″, 25″, 30″, 34″, and 39″ heights
- 40″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 16″, 25″, 30″, 34″, 39″, 42″, 48″, and 50″ heights
- 45″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 25″, 29″, 33″, 34″, 39″, 42″, 48″, and 50″ heights
- 56″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, and 42″ heights
- 64″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, 42″, and 50″ heights
- 70″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, 41″, and 50″ heights
- 78″x48″ Collapsible Bulk boxes, available in 25″ and 34″ heights
The other primary options with plastic bulk storage bins is the color and the number of drop doors, or access panels. The access panels provide a way to access product that may be in the bottom of the bin without an operator leaning over the sidewall of the container.
By comparison, a solid plastic tub would not have drop doors and would not collapse but you do gain some additional functionality with that type of container because they do not have any holes, they can be used to hold pellets or even some semi-fluid or liquid materials. Generally speaking, between the collapsible bulk boxes and the solid plastic tubs, most companies can find what they need.